Country Club Neighborhood & Midwestern State University (MSU)
(Oil Baron’s Row)
Hamilton Blvd. – Hampstead Lane – Taft Blvd. – Speedway Ave. – Camelot Drive – Harrison Street
MSU Campus: Hampstead Lane – Midwestern Pkwy. – Taft Blvd. – Louis J. Rodriguez Drive
The 660-acre Country Club Estates, dedicated in 1926, was one of the City’s first highly restricted residential neighborhoods developed by N.H. Martin and W.B. Hamilton. The development originally consisted of 8 miles of tree lined brick streets, underground wiring, and irrigated parks and gardens. The Country Club neighborhood contains the largest collection of the city’s larger, older homes and is known for the quality, grandeur and variety of architectural styles, reflecting the original owner’s lifestyles based on the discovery and production of oil in the area during the 1920s.