Executive Orders: Obama and Company Begin Offensive Against 2nd Amendment
President Obama has sent down his marching orders on gun control. Actually, they’ve modified the language. Now, it’s “gun violence” they’re targeting, no pun intended. Remember the days of global warming? That term became a negative, nearly as repulsive as some four letter words. So the establishment tree huggers adopted a new term-climate change. Ingenious, isn't it?
So what has the Dear Leader declared with regard to “gun violence”? He wants a ban on high capacity magazines; 10 rounds should be the limit under his demands. He wants the assault weapons ban reinstated. He wants background checks for all gun transactions, even between private citizens. This falls under the heading of the so-called ‘gun show loophole’ that Washington likes to parade around. Licensed dealers, which make up the majority of gun show sales, are already required to run checks just like any other dealer in any other setting. Private transactions between non-dealers do not require a check currently.
The complete list of orders from the White House:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
And of course, the liberal establishment media are fully on board. CBS News Bob Schieffer actually likened the president’s gun fight to the defeat of the Nazi’s:
Their motives are nothing new. Eric Holder, while serving as U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, stated that gun owners should cower like smokers, ashamed of what they are doing. He even says the public should be brainwashed! Listen for yourself:
Clearly, the words ‘shall not be infringed’ mean nothing to these people. And using children as props to drive the emotions of his constituency and the anti-gun crowd is, to say the least, disgusting. What comes next? The NRA will certainly put up a fight. And I expect most of us who value our liberty will as well. But rest assured this administration will not stop here. The was just the beginning.