Major Snow and Ice Storm Could Strike Texoma Friday
We’ve just thawed out from the ice storm of earlier in the week and now round two is poised to hit us on Friday. Forecasters are calling for 1 to 2 inches possible. The National Weather Service is currently calling for the next big system to move across Texoma late Thursday into Friday morning.
Temperatures won’t make it above freezing again until late in the day Saturday. Right now the forecast high for Saturday is 35, which means ice and snow will create hazardous travel conditions well into your weekend.
Prepare now for what could be our most significant snow/ice event so far this year:
- Make sure to have some snacks, bottled water, blankets and extra clothing in your car should you have to travel at all. Of course the best option is stay home if you can.
- Make sure your cell phone is charged and have a charger available for your car.
- Keep a flashlight handy in case of power outages. If you need extra batteries, don’t wait till the last minute to get them.
- If you must travel, leave early, take your time, keep your distance and avoid hard braking.
- If you start to slide, turn your steering wheel in the direction of the slide.
- School cancellations and delays are inevitable if this storm materializes, so stay tuned to your Townsquare Media radio stations and our closings and delays page for updates.