10th St. - Ave H & Buchanan - Hayes/Garfield - 213 properties
In 1909, Joseph Kemp and his wife, Flora bought the entire block between Ninth and Tenth Streets, and Grant and Tilden to build a three-story house which they occupied for many years. The surrounding neighborhood , named after Flora, is one of the first suburban residential areas to be developed outside of the central business area of the city. Architecturally significant, it is characterized by the exhibition of virtually all the prominent early twentieth-century architectural styles: Bungalow, Tudor Revival, Colonial Revival, Prairie, Craftsman, Neo-Classical, and American Foursquare. The district encompasses almost 57-acres and retains many of its original design features, including brick streets and alleys, sidewalks, and landscaping.