An electrical malfunction on a ride at Six Flags Over Texas led to seven people being taken to the hospital.

On Sunday (April 10) at around 6:30 pm, smoke was reported in the Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast building, according to WFAA.

Six Flags staff were able to extinguish the fire prior to the Arlington Fire Department arriving on the scene. All of the guests and staff were safely evacuated from the building.

Firefighters then ventilated the smoke from the building.

Newstalk 1290 logo
Get our free mobile app

A news release from the Arlington Fire Department said one staff member was treated for minor injuries and six guests were taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation as a precaution.

The smoke was caused by an internal electrical fire due to a motor malfunctioning.

Tiny Texas Hill Country Airbnb is the Perfect Retreat

If you're looking for the perfect blend of modern living and soaking in some peace and quiet in nature, La Petite is the retreat for you.

This Texas Rental Property With An Indoor Water Park Is Perfect For A Weekend Getaway

This luxurious rental property in the Texas Hill Country is the perfect spot for either a family vacation or a romantic getaway.  What makes this place unique is that it has both an indoor water park, and a lazy river that the kids are sure to love.

If you want to rent this property, or just want more information then click here.

The Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Wichita Falls According To Trip Advisor

Whether you’re an outdoorsman or a patron of the arts, there are enough tourist attractions in Wichita Falls to wear anybody out. Here are the top 10 “Things To Do” in Wichita Falls according to Trip Advisor.  

More From Newstalk 1290