7 Taken to Hospital After Ride Malfunctions at Six Flags Over Texas
An electrical malfunction on a ride at Six Flags Over Texas led to seven people being taken to the hospital.
On Sunday (April 10) at around 6:30 pm, smoke was reported in the Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast building, according to WFAA.
Six Flags staff were able to extinguish the fire prior to the Arlington Fire Department arriving on the scene. All of the guests and staff were safely evacuated from the building.
Firefighters then ventilated the smoke from the building.
A news release from the Arlington Fire Department said one staff member was treated for minor injuries and six guests were taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation as a precaution.
The smoke was caused by an internal electrical fire due to a motor malfunctioning.