TxDOT Reveals the State’s 100 Most Congested Roadways
The Texas Department of Transportation has revealed their annual list of the state’s most congested roadways, a list Wichita Falls will be happy to not be on.
Compiled by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, TxDOT’s list was dominated by my the Metroplex, but also included Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Laredo. From the list of 100, the top 10 most congested roads are…
- IH 610 from IH 10/US 90 to IH 69/US 59, Harris County
- IH 35 from US 290 N to SH 71, Travis County
- US 59 from IH 610 to SH 288, Harris County
- US 75 from IH 635 to Woodall Rodgers Freeway, Dallas County
- IG 35E/US 77 from SH 183 to IH 30, Dallas County
- US 59 from IH 10/US 90 to SH 288, Harris County
- IH 635 from IH 35E/US77 to US 75, Dallas County
- IH 35W/US 287 from 28th St/SH 183 to IH 30, Tarrant County
- IH 45 from IH 610 to IH 10/US 90, Harris County
- IH 35E/US 77 from UH 635 to SL 12 N, Dallas County
Harris County made up more than a third of the list, taking up 37 spots. Dallas County had half the number of Harris at 18, with Tarrant and Travis Counties coming in with 12 and 11 spots respectively. You can check out the whole list HERE and plan your future trips accordingly.