Dallas Morning News: ‘Donald Trump is Not Qualified to Serve as President’
With a long history of supporting the GOP in Presidential elections, the Dallas Morning News broke with tradition, telling readers to not vote for the GOP nominee, Donald Trump.
In its editorial on Tuesday, the Dallas Morning News didn't mince words in its views on Donald Trump, saying he isn't qualified to serve as president and doesn't deserve anyone's vote. In breaking down reasons for disliking Trump, Dallas Morning News criticized Trump on several points, such as...
- His desire to deport citizens who don't meet his idea of "loyal".
- His admiration for Vladimir Putin.
- His plan to prevent Muslims from entering the country even if they are trying to escape Islamic rule.
- His hypocrisy in saying businesses that invest in foreign countries should pay a large importing fine.
- His support of killing families of terrorists.
- His desire to use interrogation tactics worse than waterboarding.
- And saying about the U.S. military, "If I say do it, they're gonna do it."
Not just attacking Trump, the Dallas Morning News also took shot at the Republican Party for allowing a candidate like Trump to be the party's nominee,
We have no interest in a Republican nominee for whom all principles are negotiable, nor in a Republican Party that is willing to trade away principle for pursuit of electoral victory.
Trump doesn't reflect Republican ideals of the past; we are certain he shouldn't reflect the GOP of the future.