Texas Teen Loses Leg and Possibly Eyesight From Firework Injury [VIDEO]
Fireworks are a lot of fun, but you still have to be responsible with them.
15-year-old Rowdy Radford and his best friend were severely injured while playing with some fireworks this weekend in Houston.
They created a homemade 'sparkler bomb'. Basically, they took 180 sparklers and tied them together using electrical tape. The boys lit the 'sparkler bomb' and it went terribly wrong. Rowdy's friend had no injuries, but Rowdy has lost his left leg below the knee. Doctors also say he has a 50/50 shot of losing his eyesight.
The explosion blew off several of his fingers, severely burned his hands and face and also injured his right leg, according to a GoFundMe page started by his family. Rowdy's mother is urging parents to not let kids play with fireworks because this could happen to them.
Listen, fireworks are fine. As long as you use them in a responsible manner. I think we all have fond memories playing with fireworks. The people who we know that have gotten hurt were doing something they shouldn't have been doing. Like tying 180 sparklers together.